Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Glittery Gray-scale Gradient, by Golly!

Yesterday had an awesome find at Sally's in the clearance bin. Ok, so it was several finds.
I had to get a basket.
Don't Judge Me!

Anyway, got home with a gorgeous new black glitter (China Glaze Tinsel Town). That was great for a day. Then I got bored. As I do. I pondered matte-ifying it, or adding some vines & leaves. Then I thought about it and realized I haven't done a gradient in awhile now, and I LIKE gradients. I should start a fashion line. I'll call it Gradient Girl, and everyone will love it, and I'll be rich and famous -- or possibly, everyone will just look at me strangely. But they already do that, so I suppose that's not much of a change.

Anyway, I was too lazy to actually take my polish *off* to start normally, so I kind of started in the middle and worked to both sides. 'Cause I'm just that good. :)

A bit of time and effort turned this:                                            into this:

 
Step the First: Carefully sponge bright silver glitter over the black shimmer glitter just along the 1/3 of the nail nearest the base. 
 Then a deeper black shimmer on the 1/3 at the tip end. Isn't this fun?
 Back up to the cuticle, a tiny edge of pure white. This is SO much easier than just starting with a white base, isn't it?
 Finish off with a super thin bit of pure black across the very tip.

 And your finished product? A super-awesome sliding scale of shimmer, ready for your next trip to the Academy Awards. Or possibly, to visit a haunted house. Whatever you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment