Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Accidental Ghost Flowers

It's mid-January, and in southern Texas we're having spring. This is really the least-chilly winter I think I've ever experienced. Joy.

So influenced by the spring weather, I found a cute little daisy design, offset the full-nail flowers with a ring-finger design, and topped some of the flowers off with gold micro-beads. Cute, huh?


 And then, I top-coated. What the heck happened, I have no idea. I used Seche Vite on my left hand, saw the change, and was utterly confused. I don't remember ever having a problem stamping and using Seche Vite as a topcoat before. To double check that the top coat was the culprit, I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails on my right hand.


You can see the difference in the fading level. Much less, but still a heck of a lot paler than it was to start! I'll have to see if I can figure out what's causing this. Maybe if I can reproduce it at will, I'll find some great things to do with the faded effect. But for this? I think it's a bust :(

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it did fade the full on look of flowers. However, I DO like the look of 'hidden' or as you called them 'ghost' flowers. It has a unique look. Causes you to look closer at the manicure and I like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! There is definite potential. I may have even left it on for a couple days, but those micro beads that looked just fine against the stark white petals around them just look glaringly out of place against that pure blue backdrop.

    ReplyDelete